Re: rounded tables (universal access?)

by "Nick Doylend" <ndoylend(at)hashishin.net>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:22:23 -0000
 To:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mikael_Bystr=F6m?= <sunergy(at)mac.com>
 Cc:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
From: Mikael Bystr�m <sunergy(at)mac.com>
To: Nick Doylend <ndoylend(at)hashishin.net>; bkrWeb Services
<bkrweb(at)bkrweb.com>
Cc: HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 10:36 PM
Subject: Re: rounded tables

> Nick Doylend ndoylend(at)hashishin.net quite nicely put it this way on
> 01-02-18 21.30
> > I view in IE5 the right and left portions of the middle line have a
small gap
> >below them.
>

> This one also looks very strange in Netscape 4.76 Mac, with every other
> slice in a different color, and not at all as pretty as in IE 5 Mac (!) .
> I don't have the time to look closer right now, so just letting you know.

It doesn't surprise me that it doesn't look right in NN 4.x.  That one
doesn't seem to handle stylesheets very well.  Since the table thing is
currently only for a personal site I'm not too worried, so long as it's OK
in NN6 and IE5 it's fine...

Incidentally I wonder how many professional developers ignore older browsers
by using up to date techniques like CSS (and not through dodgy code)?  Do
they provide an alternative universal access page (like I try to do) or do
they just kludge cross browser pages using a lots of images and depricated
tags like <.FONT> etc?

I don't want to start massive debate here, just interested... Or was all
this covered in the Perfect Web Site thread which I couldn't be bothered to
read?

Ah well, whatever... Nick ;)

By the way, fixed the original problem: a couple of missing >, d'oh...