Re: Email stuff...

by "Blue" <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>

 Date:  Thu, 5 Apr 2001 07:55:52 -0500
 To:  "Ben Russo" <i.am.ben(at)sympatico.ca>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> When I send messages, the recipients show up like this:
> "John Smith" <john(at)smith.com>, "Jane Doe" <jane(at)doe.net>, "Ben >Russo"
<i.am.ben(at)sympatico.ca>, ... I don't want that.

Ben:
I have gotten around this by sending the e-mail to myself and then everyone
else receives it as a BCC...  (no advocation of spam here, I've only done
this using addresses I've generated from people signing up to receive a
newsletter.)  Even if your To: box doesn't show the addresses, the e-mail
recipient can see the info in the header properties.  I may certainly be
wrong, but I think the only way to completely avoid this is by using a mass
mail program and there are many inexpensive ones (around $20) available on
the net (although I wouldn't recommend them for any lists over a couple
hundred addresses).
Blue

www.bluesarthouse.com