Re: Web pages from a database

by "Andy Innes" <innax(at)icon.co.za>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:08:10 +0200
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I agree

ASP is the way to go here.

We have already built several similar sites using Access with a foolproof
admin section for the client. If you want it built for you, our asp guy
could do it in about six hours, then it's just down to data entry via the
admin interface.

The restrictions to watch for on Access db's are generally number of
simultaneous users updating the db via remote access (which doesn't seem to
be a big issue) and number of records in the DB.

The rates we charge are minimal, even by local South African standards.
Providing your site resides on a windows server running IIS, it'll be a
piece of cake.

Contact me off-list if you want to outsource the work.

Regards

Andy