Re: Digital certificates

by "Rudy Gomez" <rudy(at)cyberangler.com>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:19:58 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
 Cc:  "Dale" <dale(at)hiwaay.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I have a client who wants to set up an ecommerce site on the Cobalt RaQ3
> webserver that I use.  I am aware that I need a digital certificate in
order
> to use SSL.  My question is: can I use the same certificate on another
> ecommerce site, or do I have to get a separate one for each site on the
> server that uses SSL?

You need a separate certificate for each domain name.  You can also buy a
"Wild Card" certificate that will allow you unlimited 3rd level domains,
like:

www.yourcompany.com
ssl.yourcompany.com
secure.yourcompany.com

For more info, you might want to take a look at:
https://www.equifaxsecure.com/digitalcertificates/dc_webservcert.html

> Also, does anyone know of another place besides
> Verisign to get one (i.e. less expensive)?  I also would rather not deal
> with Verisign because of all the problems I've had recently with Network
> Solutions.

For the last several years I've used Equifax Secure - they are much less
expensive, see:
https://www.equifaxsecure.com/

I hope this helps...

God Bless America,

rudy(at)cyberangler.com    }><(((((())))�� ...><`>
http://cyberangler.com/    /      `````//''             ...><`>