Re: IE 6 and css

by "Steve Mount" <steve(at)>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:58:27 -0500
 To:  "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)>,
From: "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)>

> Because #FFF does NOT equal #0F0F0F. The legal shothand for CSS hex is if
> each pair is the same. So, #9933FF could be written as #93F, which is NOT
> equal to #09030F.  The following is from the W3C site:
> You can read the whole artical here:
> Lisa

OK, seeing in the standard, I can see that it is legal ... but that doesn't
mean it should be used :)  Frankly, I think it adds an unnecessary level of
complexity - if one of my students were to ask me about it, I'd now be able
to knowledgably say "that's valid, but avoid it".

Steve Mount, Software Engineer            steve(at)
Home Site
US Constitution Online
Free Your Soul