Re: using css for centering

by "Hilma" <Hilma(at)hilma.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 3 Jun 2002 19:48:27 +0100
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> Nate Harel wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to be a law abiding citizen and am working as much as I can
> > learning and using CSS.
> >
> > One of the things I am struggling with is how to center a design.

> > How do I do the same with CSS?

> > Nate

I wanted to do the same - but was advised to "wait until the browsers caught
up with the CSS" .
Table formatting isn;t really approved of; but even the accessibility
guidelines accept that you *can* use them, as long as ..... (whatever).
So (although i'm validating to XHTML strict  and following accessibility
guidelines - i.e trying to be a law-abiding citizen!) -
i'm using table-layouts until the browsers can do the business.

Because even if you *do* get it right for the newer browsers, you;ll have
horrendous backlevel problems.

(I expect - i don;t know, i'm new to it)

h.