Re: javascript assistance needed

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Jan 2000 00:30:41 -0000
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Kevin Dail" <kddm(at)worldnet.att.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Kevin

Cut the following 3 lines from the end of the Javascript in the HEAD of
your document:

CheckDST();
writeTable();
startClocks();

Then, wherever in the page you want the time converter to appear on the
page, paste these lines between opening and closing SCRIPT tags, like so:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
CheckDST();
writeTable();
startClocks();
-->
</script>

I put these lines immediately in front of the NOSCRIPT lines down near the
end of the main layout table, and that worked OK in IE5, although the time
converter made the whole table wider than it was before, but it moved it
down into the page rather than having it perched on top of the page.  :-)

Regards,
Donna
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk