Re: Don't use BCC please (was RE: indexing one pages)

by "Gary Bonham" <Gary(at)BonhamDesigns.com>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:54:38 -0800
 To:  "'HWG Techniques'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I feel you are doing a disservice to folks to imply they dont know
what they're doing. I've been programming for many years, and
don't see a way in Outlook Express to do what you are suggesting.
I admit I haven't done mail filtering with express (I normally use
Outlook, but don't have that in front of me at the moment) so more
than likely just don't know how to do it, but the only place I can
view this "sender" field is to show details, in which case it is buried
within a lot of text. The mail rules don't seem to offer a way to pick
this out and filter based on it's value, any more than it can filter on
the BCC field. I think the request is not unreasonable to not use
bcc for the list address. In addition, why bother hiding it in bcc?
It's not like you have to keep the list a secret. The only use I've
found for bcc is in sending out a newsletter to a bunch of folks
where you really don't want the full mail list made public.

Gary