Re: how to allow others to upload

by "Dennis K" <dennisk(at)louisville.edu>

 Date:  Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:06:56 -0500
 To:  "Davies,
Elizabeth H." <EHDavies(at)West.com>,
"HWG-technique Mailing List (E-mail)" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>

> ... How does one do a form that allows people to browse a file off their
> computer and upload it onto the server...

I read a web development article at EarthWeb recently called "Form
Attachments" (Published  November 17, 2000
By  Joe Burns, Ph.D.) that may be of some help. I haven't used it myself
yet, but the author says it works well for him in getting text files through
email. It may be a place for you to start.
(http://www.earthweb.com/dlink.resource-jhtml.72.984.|repository||webdev|con
tent|article|2000|11|17|WDburnsattach|WDburnsattach~xml.43.jhtml?cda=true)

He says in part, "...

<FORM METHOD="post"
                ACTION="mailto:jburns(at)htmlgoodies.com"
             ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data">
ALLOW="text/*" >
</FORM>

..."

You may be able to dink with the Action, MIME type (allow="pdf/*"?), and
such and get it working for you.
Either way, I'd like to know how it turns out.

HTH
--
Dennis Keibler
Univ. of Louisville