Re: color matching

by "Eric Bednarz" <doublebase(at)wanadoo.nl>

 Date:  Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:11:53 +0200
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Nate Harel" <nharel(at)consultant.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> ...My problem is that the colors don't match if viewed in 16 bit mode.
> In 24 bit color, it looks clean, but in 16 you can see the outlines of the
> flash.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas of how to match them?

unfortunately, you can't
16 bit mode can only display 32 different values of red, green & blue, and
different renderers render colors in different ways;
since you can't control the viewers display settings ;-) the only solutions
are:
you can set wmode to transparent, but that won't work in netscape
put the whole site in flash (i wouldn't recommend that)

in general netscape renders closer than IE; you could try to find a color
that matches in netscape and than set the wmode attribute to transparant for
IE; the problem is, this might still look slightly different on different
machines, but it's a very good compromise.

peronally I either use black or white (never a problem) as a background or
put the animation in a kind of box.