Re: Server Side Includes & WYSIWYG editors

by "howardm" <howardm(at)achilles.net>

 Date:  Sat, 12 Aug 2000 18:04:33 -0400
 To:  "Karin Ransdell" <kransdell(at)squishedmosquito.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Hmmm... that probably depends on your development environment.  Since SSI
> and other server-side scripts rely on the *server* doing the processing,
> your development environment will probably have to basically imitate your
> server.  Don't bank on that, however, because that's logic talking, not
> personal experience, since my development environment *is* a server,
> therefore everything is supported and I've never really thought about it.
> You may have to create test pages and actually run them from your ISP to
> verify that everything parses correctly.

Then I must have misunderstood your response to the first question -
which was -
> > Which WYSIWYG editors support Server Side Includes (they display them)?

your response was -
> Evrsoft's 1st Page 2000 handles SSI and ASP, along with a myriad of other
> bells and whistles and is FREE.  No, I didn't believe it at first, either,
> but it has replaced a line of other things, including Dreamweaver and
> HotDogPro as my personal non-Notepad (the true first choice) HTML editor

What I want to do is to test the pages before I upload them all.
I suspect that is why Gregor Pirnaver asked the question originally.

To rephrase the original question -
Which WYSIWYG editor will  *display* Server Side Includes ?