Re: Desperately I need the specifics!

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Sun, 28 Jan 2001 01:53:19 -0500
 To:  "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Alberto.=B7.Vallini?=" <vallinis(at)yahoo.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Alberto,
there are several 'DOM's'. Netscape 4 had a proprietry DOM, IE4 had a
different proprietry  DOM, and IE 5 supported the W3C DOM (both the
XML DOM and the HTML DOM) and was backwardly compatible with the old
IE4 DOM(they still are).

W3C has published 3 DOM's, I, II, and III. I includes both an XML DOM
and an HTML DOM. It is this DOM (Version I) which is currently
supported by both IE5 and Nn6.

If you are intending to use the DOM in your scripting I strongly
suggest that you stick to this DOM, other wise you will find yourself
having to browser sniff and write several different scripts :>)

Frank