Re: IE's Edit with.........

by "Nathaniel Bank" <Nathan.Bank(at)cello.net>

 Date:  Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:26:35 -0700
 To:  "Michael Channing Wilson" <mwilson(at)sigmapath.com>,
<Reywob(at)aol.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you're simply looking for file associations, doing it through Windows
Explorer is much much quicker and a fair bit easier. Just open My Computer
and go to View -> Folder Options. Click the File Types tab and you'll see
every file registered on your machine. You can create new types or change
your existing ones. I always change my HTML extension's default from Open to
Edit, and make sure I like its choice of editor. That way when I double
click on any htm or html file, it spews the code into notepad or Lemmy
(really nice vi emulator for windows). You can do this in Win95 up to
Win2000.