Re: I want to make one word Bold

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Fri, 17 Aug 2001 01:35:14 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>

From: "Peter Schonefeld" <peter.schonefeld(at)bigpond.com>

> So, in light of the above, adding a CSS class or style attribute to
mark-up
> the bold, red text would be most appropriate, unless as Bart, Tim and
others
> have pointed out, you are really emphasising words in context - then EM or
> STRONG with appropriate styling would be the go.

Yes, but let's be honest...the two top browsers don't display the page any
differently whether you use one or the other.    I'm well aware of what the
"correct" way of doing it is, but I don't agree with it.  There are still a
good chunk of users out there surfing the net with IE 3 and Netscape 3, and
we all know what those versions do with CSS.

> Having said that, i still use B most of the time for the simple reason
that
> it is quick and light-weight.

Bingo.

Mike