Re: images on the internet

by "howardm" <howardm(at)achilles.net>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:14:43 -0500
 To:  <bryan.westbrook(at)amd.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The Alchemedia program doesn't allow for a printscreen to work, and doesn't
put the picture in the cache - at least I can't find it there.
It seems that the javascript involved decrypts the graphic so that you can
only see it in the browser - any other program, like a screen dump of some
kind, will only show the encrypted junk graphic.
A couple of people have said they can copy the protected graphic - but I
haven't seen any follow up from them yet. Maybe a digital camera is the only
way to beat this one.
There's a demo here
http://www.alchemedia.com/solutions/imageworks.html
I'd like the answer to this as well - this one seems to work.

Howard