Re: Options for print-formatting problematic web page

by "Hilma" <Hilma(at)hilma.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 4 Apr 2002 07:25:31 +0100
 To:  "Jay Smith" <jay(at)JaySmith.com>,
"hwg-techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Firstly -
I don't  really know as i'm a newbie -

but i have just read "DHTML & CSS for the WWW" (Visual QuickStart  byt
Teague).
He has a section on "looking good in print" which talks about a page-break:

quotes:
<h3 style=" page-break-before: always;" >CHAPTER VIII<br>...</h3>

"always" forces a page break before the element;
"auto" allows the browser to place the page breaks.

The attribute will not work if it is included as part of a CSS rule - only
if it is used directly in a tag with a style attribute.

page-break-after works pretty much the same way, but puts the page break
immedaitely after the tag.

It apparently doesn't work everywhere; but it does in the main big browsers.

hth-

hilma
--x----