Re: Users creating and updating pages .. with cgi only.... how?

by "Karin Ransdell" <kransdell(at)squishedmosquito.com>

 Date:  Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:12:32 -0500
 To:  "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi, Mike.
Take a look at
http://www.squishedmosquito.com

Follow the "Escapade Demo" link.  What you'll see is a bunch of info on the
engine and Escapages, but if you go directly to

http://www.squishedmosquito.com/cgi-bin/esp?PAGE=login.esp

you'll see the webmail demo working.  Within the demo itself is a button for
"Preferences".  This allows you to set your color theme and is different for
each user.

The webmail demo is a very rudimentary demonstration of the customization
potential.  The webmail demo only changes colors and images, but entire
layouts can change, all without a database on the backend.

The entire engine to run this thing is available as a cgi binary for both
LINUX and NT and takes up a grand total of around 500KB.  No knowledge of
cgi, Perl, ASP or PHP is necessary.  Databases aren't necessary to change
the preference templates, but if you have a database project, this little
gem runs MySQL, with more database ports in development.

Please let me know if you have any problem accessing areas of the site,
since the site itself is running the latest beta of the engine.

FWIW, any time that we get tired of the colors or layout of our site, we
change ONE FILE and the entire site changes -- layout, colors, fonts, you
name it....

Karin

Karin Ransdell  kransdell(at)squishedmosquito.com
Escapade Development Team
Squished Mosquito, Inc.
http://www.squishedmosquito.com  or  http://www.escapade.org