Re: XHTML and noshade in HR

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Jul 2000 02:54:15 -0700
 To:  "Rob Atkinson" <robatkinson(at)nucleus.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Rob,

XHTML requires all attribute values to be quoted, and that there be no empty
attributes. Try changing your code to:
<hr width="85%" align="center" noshade="noshade" />
That *SHOULD* verify properly.

A note about BORDER: it DOES work in Netscape 6/Mozilla, as well as Opera
4.x, MSIE 4/5 and AOL 4/5. Most things CSS don't work in Netscape 4.x or
older browsers. See previous message thread (Netscape help required -
correct message) for details.

Hope this helps,
Kehvan