Re: DHTML & CSS update

by "Billy Dean" <billy61(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:38:55 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Mike,

Yes, go for it. I think you'll be glad you did. Several years ago, I stopped
writing code to accomodate every version of every browser, and thereby
stopped encouraging people to use old, poorly designed browsers.  In my
view, striving to build web pages that comply with W3C standards enables
both you and your guests to take advantage of the latest advances in browser
functionality and user-friendliness.  For those people with browsers that
can't read style sheets...

In your style sheet...       .upgrade {display:none;}

On your pages that use the style sheet...  <p class="upgrade">
page without its design, because your browser does not support the W3C web
standards. Improve your web experience, and make it easier for designers to
build sites that work for everyone. Upgrade your browser--it's
free!">UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER -- IT'S FREE!</a>

Billy Dean
'98 XV1100
billy61(at)earthlink.net
http://www.qwertyarrow.com/virago.htm
"Don't give me no plastic saddle -- I want to feel that leather when I
ride..."