Re: Wrong extension association for asp files(OT?)

by "Maggie Carr" <m.a.carr(at)decaelo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:38:20 -0400
 To:  <martyh(at)cinci.rr.com>,
"Hwg-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Marty

I had the same problem with .bmp's associated to an uninstalled program, and
got the same message when I tried to edit through the File Types. I got
around it by reinstalling the program I wanted the file associated with,
because that was the only place I could find that would let me set a new
association for that type. I don't know about Photoshop's preferences, but
Paint Shop Pro lets you pick the files on installation at least. So if
Photoshop doesn't have it in the preferences folder, maybe if you re-install
it and 'unpick' .asp if it comes up in the menu.

HTH

Maggie