Re: mySQL - using same db for two domains

by "Karin Ransdell" <kransdell(at)squishedmosquito.com>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:49:05 -0600
 To:  "Sue Bailey" <sue(at)bartandsue.co.uk>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Are both domains on the same server or on different servers?

First, verify that both ISPs will allow connections outside their server.
Most commercial IPPs don't allow this, either incoming or outgoing.  Finding
this out for sure could save you a lot of grief if that's the case, because
there's nothing you can do about that.

On the other hand, if your databases are on the same server and you're using
"localhost" as the host name, most are set up to allow this, but you should
still check.

It might not be you.

Karin Ransdell  kransdell(at)squishedmosquito.com
Escapade Development Team
Squished Mosquito, Inc.
http://www.squishedmosquito.com  or  http://www.escapade.org