Re: Replace Flash with Graphic

by "Karin Christensen" <karinc(at)linkline.com>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Sep 2000 13:34:15 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you are trying to view this Flash animation with Netscape you may
have problems because the MIME is not set correctly for Application-x
shockwave flash.  It is set for Octet stream.  This will cause it to
work unpredictably or crash Netscape browsers.  You can direct your
server administrator to the Macromedia support pages, just look under
the keywords mime for instructions and information.
Karin

> Folks,
>
> I'm trying to troubleshoot a flash script and could use your help.
It's one of those deals where if you don't have flash you should get a
still image in its place. But I might be experiencing a snafu here and
there.

> Could you go to the site http://www.fastxml.net and tell me if the
flash is viewable to you on the splash page, and if it's not, what do
you see?

> Anyone know of a good script to do this type of stuff? The one on
Macromedia's site actually isn't all that good... The one I have up is
a better version, but I want to see if it truly works like it should.