Re: AOL? (was: Opening AOL .art file [OT?]) ..and browsers

by "apathetic" <tmbkr(at)apatheticgenius.com>

 Date:  Fri, 4 Jan 2002 02:00:21 -0000
 To:  <cbirds(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I think the web should be more
> universal...and that is why I use Communicator because it's the only
way
> we will keep it like that.

Ah ha!  Thanks for the biggest laugh of the year so far.

Netscape 4 is the single biggest thorn in the side of a universal web.
It is a horrible browser.

It has very poor support for HTML 4, and absolutely terrible support
for CSS.  I would go as far as suggesting that there isn't a single
CSS rule which isn't buggily implemented in Netscape 4.

If you really want a universal, standards-based web, you should be
supporting Mozilla (Netscape 6) or IE.  Those are the two browsers
with the best standards support available.

Tim