Re: DW Template question

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:48:58 -0500
 To:  "Techniques - HWG" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
1) open the dwt
2) highlight the meta tags in the source view
3) cut them right out of the source (ctrl-x)
4) paste them inside the editable area that is surrounding the
title tag
5) update pages

...you will need to manually add the new meta tags to all existing
pages, but the ones outside the editable title area will disappear
and new pages from this point on will have them inside the
editable area along with the title.

As an alternative, you could create an editable area for meta tags
in addition to the title area, although I it's really serving no
purpose separately (from the title area.)

I believe if you edit the meta tags right out of your
configuration template, you will no longer have them generated in
a non-editable area when you start a new template and can add them
manually as you wish.