Re: graphics help

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:12:56 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you have PhotoShop, the arrows should be fairly simple.  I last used
Paint Shop Pro way back in 1996..but I understand it now supports layers, so
these instructions might work for Paint Shop Pro as well.

If I were to do it, I'd:

1. Create a layer with a circle filled in with any color.

2.  Use the Selection tool to create a circle-shaped selection about 60%
smaller than the first circle.

3.  Making sure it's center, hit delete, so that you now have a
doughnut-shaped object.  Duplicate that layer three times for each color,
then select each layer and color them to one of the three in the graphic
(green, yellow, red)

4.  In a separate layer, create an arrowhead (triangle) graphic that you
will then duplicate three times, each a different color (green, yellow, red)

5.  Arrange the arrowhead graphics in their respective positions over the
circle.  Select 1/3 of each circle and delete the rest, since only 1/3 of
each color will be visible in the completed graphic.

6.  Arrange all elements to look like your graphic and do the bevel effect.

Probably a million other ways that are more effective, but that's the
quickest way I can think of.

HTH,
Mike