Re: [HWG-Techniques]Meta Tags

by "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>

 Date:  Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:33:58 -0500
 To:  "The Tack Box" <sales(at)thetackbox.com>,
"HWG-Techniques" <Hwg-Techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Those are supposed to tell you something is wrong so they
can sell you some thing!  You can use the same word
in your keywords up to three times safely.  I have seen others
use the same word over and over and they get indexed ok, but I
usually stick with three as my limit.  Those analizers tell me
the same thing, I just ignore them.  I have actually had one tell me
my meta tags were not effective enough, then went to another that
said they had too many instances of the same words.. so go firgure.

Instead of going to those "We can test your meta tags for free"
places, the best place in the world to find out everything you need
to know about search engines, and what works best on your site
is http://www.searchenginewatch.com/

It has the best information you can get on the net. You can subscribe to
their
newsletter, but I believe it costs, but there is a wealth of info on the
site for
free.

Sincerely,

Nancy