=?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Netscape_6_pesky_=A3$%%^$=22=A3$!$%^&_downloader?=

by "Lisa H" <nstar92(at)bellatlantic.net>

 Date:  Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:45:37 -0600
 To:  "Chuck Evans" <Chucke(at)captura.com>,
"'Sue Bailey'" <sue(at)bartandsue.co.uk>,
"Richard J Hancock" <tekwarjr(at)home.com>,
"Rob Prentice" <RJP(at)clickdms.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
From: "Chuck Evans" <Chucke(at)captura.com>
From: Sue Bailey [mailto:sue(at)bartandsue.co.uk]

From: Richard J Hancock <tekwarjr(at)home.com>

> You might want to try just going through the ftp trees.
>
> ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/
>
> That is where I fouind it at, but from what it looks like, you may not be
> able to download it with out smart download.  I found only one file that
> might include everything which was about 25000K.  HTH.

Thanks for that, Richard, I've just done it. It does let you download
setup.exe from the ftp; when you install that, it puts a huge advert for
Smart Download all over your screen, but it doesn't make you use it!!
Hurrah!