Re: Flash... aaahhhhh

by tracyedge(at)sps-va.com

 Date:  Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:33:51 -0500
 To:  <David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

If they do not have flash installed then they will get a page that will not
load. Best thing to do, if you are using flash for important content,is to
have a HTML alternative. And if it is an intro..have a Skip intro added.
Some people on 56k will not sit through the load time.
And if the person is using  text reading software like JAWS.
Then nothing that is done in flash will be read to a person with blindness
and or low vision.
I love flash.
The first site we built for my job was totally flash. Very sweet...for us.
And there is a code for detecting if a person has the plug in. If no one
else has it. I will look it up for you.