Re: Linking one frame to another

by "szcam" <szcam(at)pub.sz.jsinfo.net>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:44:15 +0100
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Fox Rodgers" <entr0py(at)juno.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think this should solve your problem, I was unable to get to your web site
(Dammed Chinese Internet)
when you load the frames in your index page make the top frame invisible
<Frameset rows="0,*"  border="1">
<FRAME SRC="*.html" name="_top" MARGINHEIGHT="2" scrolling="no" ><!-- Top
frame is not visible-->
<FRAMESET cols="8,30" border="1" >
<FRAME SRC="*.htm" name="_left" MARGINHEIGHT="2" scrolling="no">
<frameset cols="100,30" border="1">
<FRAME SRC="*.html" NAME="main_viewer" MARGINHEIGHT="2" scrolling="auto">
<FRAME SRC="*.html" NAME="_right" MARGINHEIGHT="2" scrolling="no">
</FRAMESET>

When calling the next page where you need the top frame
<Frameset rows="20,*"  border="1">
<FRAME SRC="*.html" name="_top" MARGINHEIGHT="2" scrolling="no" >
<FRAMESET cols="8,30" border="1" >
<FRAME SRC="*.htm" name="_left" MARGINHEIGHT="2" scrolling="no">
<frameset cols="100,30" border="1">
<FRAME SRC="*.html" NAME="main_viewer" MARGINHEIGHT="2" scrolling="auto">
<FRAME SRC="*.html" NAME="_right" MARGINHEIGHT="2" scrolling="no">
</FRAMESET>

This then allows you to keep the links targeting the the same place all the
time ie. target="main_viewer"

Hope this helps
Mark Bolton
www.boltonmedia.com