Re: OT - E-mail slowdown

by "Paul Roberts" <hwg(at)roberts200025.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:54:47 +0100
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
My isp told me they have put 7 extra SMTP servers on due to the recent =
virus incidents and are making some emails low priority due to the mail =
volumes they are experiencing.

the Sobig Virus alone has sent around 100 million emails in august ( and =
it only started on the 19th), according to Scientific American. =
Hopefully it's switched itself off yesterday (10 sept) i didn't get my =
usual 100 viruses this morning so fingers crossed.

so it's possible your isp is having problems keeping up or mail is =
delayed because other mail servers are busy dealing with this volume of =
mail.

Best Wishes

Paul Roberts
mail at paul-roberts dot com