Re: old browsers (was: web safe background)

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)btinternet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:30:25 +0100
 To:  "Peter Schonefeld" <peter.schonefeld(at)bigpond.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well, that's basically the attitude I'm taking on a site that I'm currently
developing.  It uses valid strict mark-up, and relies entirely on CSS for
styling.  I have had some issues with Netscape 4, but I'm choosing to ignore
this for the moment.

I think it's still a little too early to forget Netscape 4 in the if you're
developing commercial sites.  My web site stats show NN4 as 8% of users.
That's a considerable chunk of users you are alienating.

I agree wholly with the Web Standards Project campaign, and I think that
writing valid code is now more feasible than it has been for years.

Tim

www.timbooker.com