Re: text menus vs graphical menus

by "Dusty" <designsbydusty(at)tiadon.com>

 Date:  Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:56:17 -0600
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> Let's face it.  Graphical menus look prettier, neater, more professional,
> and progressive than text menus, even ones using a css hover (which
doesn't
> work in Netscape anyway).

I have to say ditto on this one........most of the time. I use both
graphical and text navigation on my sites, making the determination on which
to use based on how it fits into the overall design. There are times when I
think that one looks good, and there are times when I prefer the other. Of
course, I'm one of those rare people who prefer a graphical background to a
page, as well. These things can be done in ways that don't add significantly
to download time, and the challenge of accomplishing that is part of the fun
of designing a site. (And, yes, we all want to get paid for our work and
please our clients, but if it's not fun then why bother?)

Dusty