Re: Cannot view the source

by "Billy Dean" <billy61(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Sun, 22 Jun 2003 15:41:21 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
 Cc:  "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita(at)home.ro>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You can also go to Tools => Internet Options => Programs and set Notepad (or
whatever text editor you like, I use Text Pad) as the HTML Editor. Then,
when you want to see the source of a page, click "File" and "Edit with...
(whatever program you inserted under options). Right click should still
bring up Notepad, though.

Some time back, a lot of people were using that No Right Click script, which
disables the view source. After everyone got the word on how to get around
the script, it pretty much disappeared.

I'm just a client-side web designer, so I'm not familiar with server-side
programs (ASP, Perl...), but I suspect there are ways to disable View Source
with those programs?

Billy Dean
'98 XV1100
billy61(at)earthlink.net
http://www.qwertyarrow.com/virago.htm
"Don't give me no plastic saddle -- I want to feel that leather when I
ride..."