Re: Attributes created by Dreamweaver

by "T. Floyd" <jflyer(at)brunnet.net>

 Date:  Fri, 12 May 2000 06:11:02 -0300
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

: Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 11:30:05 +0100
: From: "denise cassidy" <deinse(at)amun-ra.demon.co.uk>
: Subject: Attributes created by Dreamweaver
:
: I'd be grateful if you could take a look at
:
:  www.raworths.co.uk/legaleye/index.html
:
: and take a look at the source code for this.
<snip>
: and also if anyone has had problems with people not understanding
: the need to have correct code, how they have "sold" the need to
: write code to a standard.

With a previous employer, I just put on my 'expert hat', and all the guts I
could muster and flat out told them that if they didn't take care of minor
details like closing tags and standardizing their website (which had been
written in dribs and drabs by three people over 2 years, using as many as 4
different editors), it would become harder and harder to maintain and update
until it eventually became impossible.

I was only there for a set number of weeks, so I was easily able to frame it
as 'look this is going to be your problem, so I can do it fast and leave
problems to develop in the future, or I can do it right.'  It must have
worked because they are asking me to go back.

--
T. Floyd
admin(at)pineloft.com