Re: Frames

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)btinternet.com>

 Date:  Wed, 30 May 2001 10:12:04 +0100
 To:  "Klaas De Waele" <klaas(at)gracegraphics.be>
 Cc:  "Hwg-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
1.  The address bar displays the URL of the frameset page, not the content
page.  This means that you can't easily:

    - Link to the page directly.
    - Pass the URL on to someone.
    - Bookmark the page.

2.  Related to the first point is the fact that your pages will, more than
likely, be indexed individually by search engines.  This means that your
page will open up with none of the main navigation.

3.  On the plus side, you can make the navigation stay on the screen at all
times.  On the down side, however, you can make the navigation stay on the
screen at all times.  This can cause big problems with small screens,
because the navigation cannot be moved out of the way, giving the whole
window to the main content.

Just a few thoughts,

Tim