Re: Javascript/Frame Question

by "Jeremy Pratte" <artman(at)clearpages.com>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:10:59 -0600
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Load a frames page within a frames page.  Example: frame on left, frame on
right.  Left frame is the navigation, let's say.  Then the frame on the
right is content.  The frame on the right is another frames page divided
into two frames.  That way the content on frame b willl change in accordance
with frame c.

Did that help or confuse you more? :)

Jeremy Pratte
Web Development
ClearPages.com
jeremy(at)clearpages.com

From: David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk
Subject: Javascript/Frame Question

Yes, the dreaded frames !!

Let's say I say I have a page consisting of 3 frames - frames a, b and c.

Currently it's set up so that when you click on a menu option in frame a it
will
load a different page into frame c. All pretty normal HTML stuff.

What I'd like to do though is for the page that I've loaded into frame c to
change the content of frame b (essentially loading two frames based on a
link in
another). Can anybody suggest an easy way to go about this - I'm assuming
Javascript will be the answer.

Many thanks in advance,
David.<<<<<