Re: Webpage review request

by "Angel One" <angelone(at)angelonearth.net>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:17:19 -0400
 To:  "HWG list" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
    Hi Eliabeth,
    Not sure if it's what you're looking for or will fix the problem, but
WebMonkey had a Nutscrape resize fix. Humm; wait just a second, I should
still have that.....
    Yeah here ya go (in it's entirety):
******************************
Reference   JavaScript Code Library
----

These two functions fix the unfortunate Netscape 4 bug that causes the page
to lose most of its CSS information when the window is resized. This code
can simply be dropped into the head of your document.

Usage: Drop WM_netscapeCssFix() and WM_netscapeCssFixCheckIn() into any
script tag, preferably in the head.

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--

function WM_netscapeCssFix() {
  /*
    Source: Webmonkey Code Library
    (http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/javascript/code_library/)

    Author: Taylor
    Author Email: taylor(at)wired.com
    Author URL: http://www.taylor.org/
    */

  // This part was inspired by Matthew_Baird(at)wayfarer.com
  // It gets around another unfortunate bug whereby Netscape
  // fires a resize event when the scrollbars pop up. This
  // checks to make sure that the window's available size
  // has actually changed.
  if (document.WM.WM_netscapeCssFix.initWindowWidth != window.innerWidth ||
document.WM.WM_netscapeCssFix.initWindowHeight != window.innerHeight) {
    document.location = document.location;
  }
}

function WM_netscapeCssFixCheckIn() {
  // This function checks to make sure the version of Netscape
  // in use contains the bug; if so, it records the window's
  // width and height and sets all resize events to be handled
  // by the WM_netscapeCssFix() function.
  if ((navigator.appName == 'Netscape') && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion)
== 4)) {
    if (typeof document.WM == 'undefined'){
      document.WM = new Object;
    }
    if (typeof document.WM.WM_scaleFont == 'undefined') {
      document.WM.WM_netscapeCssFix = new Object;
      document.WM.WM_netscapeCssFix.initWindowWidth = window.innerWidth;
      document.WM.WM_netscapeCssFix.initWindowHeight = window.innerHeight;
    }
    window.onresize = WM_netscapeCssFix;
  }
}

WM_netscapeCssFixCheckIn()

// -->

</script>
    Modified on 11/13/99; so you may want to check for an updated
version........
    HTH,
        ~ Paul