Database help/advice

by "Daniel B. Swartz, Ph.D., CI, CT" <danswartz(at)pieinc.com>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Jan 2000 05:47:18 -0600
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Everyone,

I would like to learn how to adapt a form so that it dumps information
collected into a database (Access).

The form, with no script written for handling, and is not "submit ready,"
can be found at http://www.pieinc.com/registration.htm

I have already designed the form and the database.  I just need to know how
to make the "dump" happen.  It is not so much a thing where I need browsers
to have access to this database - I just want the form to dump the
registration information to the database so that I can access it.

I use FP2000 pretty much - I am kind of html "stupid."

The site that I am putting the form on uses CGI and Cold Fusion, if that
helps.

A fellow did a form like this a couple of years ago that was really neat.
It took the data collected and put it on a resident database on my site.
Then I would just go to this webpage he set up and I could download the
database to my desktop from there - it was great.

Now if I just learn how to do this myself...

Help, anyone?  Also have limited budget to have someone else do this work.

Thanks,

Dan

Daniel B. Swartz, Ph.D., CI, CT
Executive Director
Professional Interpreter Exchange, Inc.
"Premier Providers of Sign & Spoken Language Interpreters"
9101 Cherry Lane, Suite 104
Laurel, MD 20708-1150 USA

301-725-3402
301-725-3404 TTY