Re: Newbie: Creating a Form

by gchurchman(at)medseek.com (Gary Churchman)

 Date:  Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:06:03 -0800
 To:  "Joe Keilholz" <Joe.Keilholz(at)paceco.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Joe,
Try putting this simplest of all mail scripts in the head of your page:

 <script Language="JavaScript">
<!--
// Simple script to send mail from a form

function sendMail(form)
{
return true
}
// -->
 </script>

Then put "sendMail" as the action in your form tag.  You can pre-fill the
Subject line of the e-mail by appending action="sendMail?subject=Your
Subject As You Want It To Appear".  While this doesn't work in all browsers,
it is certainly a simple start for a solution.