Re: Grrr!! Do-it-yourselfers!

by "Lauren Hanka" <bluejay(at)starband.net>

 Date:  Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:49:27 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Oh Mike!

How I do empathize! Just yesterday I was perusing the site of a gal who's
occupation is other than Web site development. She's gotten a hold of a
WYSIWYG editor, leaned a few tricks, and is now offering "Web Site Design"
"professionally." I took a quick look at the source page of her primary
business web site (one she designed), and the title and few META tags on
*all* of the pages refer to a Christian Band. She's a photographer. There's
more, but I thought this was just a riot!

As for offering time and resources for free to gain clients, I believe Kym
has the right idea. To a point is fine, but if you are not careful, that
potential client begins to think that your time *IS* free...

Since so many people believe that all web sites are created equally, perhaps
it would be wise to include a small blurb on our business sites explaining
the difference between a "bean bag," and a fine suit...

Lauren