Re: Meta Refresh ? & service can't find my WWW page

by "Louis M. Hall" <lhall1(at)midsouth.rr.com>

 Date:  Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:56:58 -0700
 To:  <agosse(at)chw.org>
 Cc:  "hwg-techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Amy,

You made an excellent point. I noticed on the error page that I received
from
USubmit there was a box that suggested, among other possibilities, that the
site
might contain a "meta refresh" as the cause of the error.

I'm getting good position for a site without it being submitted to search
engines.
I guess this comes about because a number of pages within the overall site
are linked
together, and some of them are submitted time to time.

My reason for submitting this new page for submission is that Bo Derrick is
the incorrect
spelling for Bo Derek on the problem URL. I decided that I would put a
sublink on the page as it now exists that takes a surfer to a similar page
with another modified image regarding the same subject. There I will
use a file name without caps or apostrophe's and with the correct spelling
for Bo Derek. I will
let that page link back to the one that this is all about, but that page
with the correct spelling
will be submitted, but it will not have a "meta "refresh".

Thanks to all of you for the help. Now I can have some fun and try and
figure out what is happening
in the 15 seconds. Earlier I thought the "meta refresh" would automatically
send one to a new site
after fifteen seconds.

Lou