Re: Screen Resolution, centering and Instant Messenger

by "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>

 Date:  Sat, 26 Feb 2000 11:32:34 -0500
 To:  "fiore" <fiore(at)futura.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> ICQ has a "snap-to" function, where maximizing will give it its own space
on
> the desktop, and other windows will just take up the remaining space.
IMHO,
> this makes moving things to the left irrelevant, because when ICQ (not
sure
> about the other ones) is maximized, the web pages are automatically
shunted
> to the left, regardless of whether they're centered or not.  They're
> centered to the window, not the screen.

I have ICQ on all the time also, most the time I have it minimized and
the contacts I talk to are "floating",  that way I can access them without
the screen being up..  I also do not use the snap-to function, simply
because
it takes up realestate.. and I don't like anything taking up realestate.
So when I pop up the box it is floating over the top of my other windows.
But my box is always minimized..  I just float who I need to talk to.  I
would
rather have a 77 x 22 pixel icon on the screen than that big old ICQ box.

Nancy