Re: HTML3.2 - background images and edge-to-edge tables

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Tue, 22 May 2001 04:45:57 +0100
 To:  "John McDougald" <jazzmidi(at)mindspring.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi, John - just caught me before I naff off to bed.

> Well I'm not sure what your asking? Can you give me an example?

Sure. Try:
http://website.lineone.net/~g1liw/mcon/problem.html

This illustrates the problem, probably better than I can put it into
words here.

> Have you looked at using CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)? I don't think
> HTML3.2 supports CSS, but it's worth looking into:
> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/

I could have used HTML4+, but the spec, agreed with the client,
requires HTML3.2, damn it (me and my big ideas, D'OH!).

Next time, it's definately gonna be 4+CSS!

Any ideas, mate, would be very gratefully received, but don't hold
your breath - a few have looked at this already, and, failing a
miracle in the next day or so, I will be carrying on, and swallowing
the gap between the main table, and the page edges. See previous posts
on the list, and the notes on the example page, above, for the history
of this debacle of mine!

Thanks for replying!

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Proprietor,
Intelligent Web Design Services
http://iws.n3.net/
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of IWS. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.