Re: Mac vs PC Javascript

by "Gary Krockover" <gary(at)garykrockover.com>

 Date:  Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:53:49 -0500
 To:  "Brian V Bonini" <b-bonini(at)cox.net>
 Cc:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Javascript is client-side and is rendered via the browser like HTML, so
there is nothing to install though it can be disabled.

Java, on the other hand, is something entirely different and does need to be
installed, though Brigitte is clearly talking javascript.

I would imagine that your friend with the Mac has javascript enabled, or the
year wouldn't be showing.  Can you copy/paste the script here for us to
look?

GK

> On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 04:21, Brigitte Schneider wrote:
> > I use a simple javascript to input the date into a form field. It's
> > been working fine for years. Now one of my customers just bought a new
> > Mac and the date is not showing any longer on his form. On the Pc it
> > still is fine. On the Mac only the year shows up in the date field,
> > nothing more.
> > Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be
> > The site address is

https://www.4ecommerce.com/cgi-bin/shop/ecomlite.cgi?command=buy1&user=brent
le1