Re: HWG Merger With IWA

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Sun, 2 Sep 2001 09:35:56 -0400
 To:  "Susan Vollmer" <susanvollmer(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I actually co-chaired a chapter for my area once (Western NY), but it never
went anywhere.  Western NY is far too large an area for one chapter of
anything (The Greater Rochester Area alone, where I live, has over 1,000,000
people and is abundant with high-tech industry.)

The organization seemed to loose steam for me when it went the route of
raising dues and sponsoring high-priced certification programs that seemed
to address issues far removed from my core business.

I have a great degree of faith in the HWG, and I would hope that the IWA
would benefit from the merger by modeling itself after the HWG....:)