Re: best body text font size?

by "howardm" <howardm(at)achilles.net>

 Date:  Wed, 3 Oct 2001 23:27:29 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "Nik Gare" <nik(at)cheddarcheese.de>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'd like to know what size 12 means anyway - how does size 12 on a 14" at
800x600 compare to a size 12 on a 15" at 640x480 ?  What about IE's 5
different font size choices ? How about Windows choice of Large fonts or
Small fonts?
I think any attempt to set absolute font sizes is just not going to work.
Surely it makes more sense to let people set their own standard and just use
comparative sizes for emphasis. (font size=+1) or (font size=-1) or the
equivalent in style sheets.
The best body text size is not to set any size at all.

howardm