Re: Frames or no frames

by "Tamara Jackson" <tamara.jackson(at)swish.com.au>

 Date:  Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:12:21 +1000
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
One can put broad ranging meta for the whole site in the frames page to
combat this. This also saves on updating meta throughout the site. I know
that there are search engines that don't use meta, but just crawl the pages,
but depending on the requirements, excluding these engines can be okay.

Another method (which requires more work for updating) is to have each
section open in a new frames page (with the meta for each section contained
therein), replacing the current frames page. This would allow you to have a
different framed look for each section, and section-speceific meta. Also, if
you put "no index" in the robots tag on each of the framed pages (just in
case), it would ensure that all users would be led to a framed page, and not
to an orphaned page that's supposed to be framed.

Tamara.