Re: URL's in Email

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:28:02 -0700
 To:  "Rage" <ragecom(at)md2.vsnl.net.in>,
"HWG-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Me again!

I was playing around with the format of the hyperlinks and found an
acceptable version that works in both AOL email as well as Outlook Express,
and doesn't require adding a second link.

Here's the format (obvious replacements to keep it from formatting):

[a href=" h2tp://3ws.link.dom "] w3s.link.dom [/a]

Notice the added spaces after and before the " in the actual hyperlink, and
the added spaces within the linked text itself. A functional sample is
below, which may or may not show the whole linking string, depending on your
client:

When sending this type of formatted hyperlink FROM Outlook Express, it
removed all the unnecessary code, hiding the linking structure, but it still
remained linked in AOL and Outlook Express. Sending from AOL the same string
resulted in two valid links to the same place, without all the scrambled and
useless coding. I think this is what you may be looking for!

Hope this helps even more than the last email!
Kehvan M. Zydhek