Re: Netscape 6 & Applets

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Sun, 9 Apr 2000 20:22:29 -0700
 To:  "The Tack Box" <sales(at)thetackbox.com>,
"HWG-Techniques" <Hwg-Techniques(at)Mail.Hwg.Org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I downloaded everything EXCEPT the mail and mail-related components (like
spell checker); this included downloading the Java components. NN6 has
crashed on me only once (when I had four other browsers, Paint Shop Pro and
HomeSite all open at the same time -- strangely, I run out of system
resources REAL FAST when HomeSite and Netscape 4.72 are open at the same
time, with constant page refreshes...). It has also shown some rather odd
effects on pages that work perfectly in both IE5 and NN4.72 (like
transparency in images -- sometimes the transparecy works, other times the
transparent part is a completely different color -- this only happens
occasionally).

So far, it looks like a more functional version of Mozilla M14 (the menus
work in NN6), but that's about it. I'm looking forward to the final release,
as this could be the browser that brings Netscape back from the brink of
extinction.

Kehvan