Re: Serving up MP3s

by "Justin H." <justinh(at)whidbey.net>

 Date:  Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:17:28 -0700
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
That won't always work.  If a binary file is served with a type of
text/plain, then a CR/LF conversion may take place, corrupting the
downloaded file.  The only for-sure solution is to use the correct MIME
type.  If the correct MIME type is used, then the user's client software
will either use a plugin, or launch a separate application - however the
user has set it up.

Justin H.